Become part of a Community Design Collaborative project team and give nonprofit organizations the preliminary design assistance they need to
create stronger organizations, projects, and neighborhoods. To be eligible to volunteer, you must be:
- Located in the greater Philadelphia area, which includes Philadelphia, Bucks, Camden, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties.
- A professional in a design or design-related field. There are occasional opportunities for post-secondary design students to shadow a team.
- Able to attend one mid-day project review meeting at the Philadelphia Center for Architecture before being placed on a project team.
- Available to donate at at least 20 hours in pro bono design services over a six-month period.
- Able to attend four mid-day project meetings (kickoff, midreview, final review, and wrap-up) at the Philadelphia Center for Architecture over a six-month period.
To support the management and placement of our growing corps of volunteers, the Community Design Collaborative charges a one-time volunteer application fee of $25. In return, you'll receive:
- Design Matters, a monthly digest of community design news, events, and opportunities
- Quarterly alerts about volunteer opportunities
- Opportunities to work with multidisciplinary teams of design professionals
- Opportunities to work directly with nonprofit clients and communities
- Opportunities to advise on other projects at biweekly project review meetings
- Documentation of your in-kind contributions
- Public recognition for your volunteer service
- IDP and continuing education credits
Apply to volunteer!
Not eligible to volunteer? Sign up
to receive Design Matters, a monthly digest of community design news, events, and opportunities.
You can also "meet" some of our volunteers by watching interviews with them on our YouTube channel.